Security cameras can solely be placed as a hindrance—something that notifies burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can leverage your security cameras to bolster your home’s safety measures.
Thankfully, today’s security cameras come outfitted with an array of tools all tailor-made to enable total protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording options and 2-way talk or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion sensors, these additions empower you to have the most from home security cameras in Indianapolis.
How To Set Up Your Indianapolis Home Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
Placing your security cameras at the optimal points around your residence is the right place to start with home security.. Interior security cameras work best when placed in common areas like the kitchen or family room. It’s also a good move to install a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas criminals would have to pass to get to the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras ideally afford a clear view of your front door, driveway, front and patio, garage, and other exterior separated constructions, like sheds. And you can easily get a view of your main entryway via a discreet doorbell camera.
There are places inside your house that aren’t quite as important to surveil like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Privacy for you and your family should be a chief consideration prior to installing a camera in a bedroom.. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you want some type of device in bedrooms.
Features That Enhance Security Cameras
Device layout is only the beginning in extracting the all you can out of home security cameras in Indianapolis. The features shown below help to optimize security and boost overall home security.
- Motion detection: See instant alerts on your mobile device anytime abnormal movement is detected. You can also configure cameras to start capturing footage when activity is discovered which serves to add to camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Set your home security cameras to film and store clips for easy viewing at your convenience.
- Two-way audio: Most of modern security cameras include a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to speak to guests through the device. Through ADT Control, you can make it seem you’re inside or greet your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, provides a more exhaustive view of an area. Look for cameras that have at least 120° angle lens or that are able to pan in a wide arc for complete visibility.
- Night vision: Double check that your home security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that will produce footage of night-time movement.
- Activity zones: Activity zones offer you the freedom to protect single locations within your living space.. For example, you can configure your exterior camera to notify you of activity happening on your yard or your porch and disregard traffic passing or the sidewalk.
- Security app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, enable you to view live camera footage, move cameras, toggle on and off the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app should send timely texts when the detect unusual motion around your property.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your security cameras in Indianapolis is simpler. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way talk, your security system is elevated from just a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (317) 268-5461 or submit the form below to start customizing your home security and camera system today.