How Does Geofencing In Indianapolis Enhance A Security System?
Modern residential security installations are getting increasingly more intelligent. But, unfortunately, it doesn't take much to neglect to perform basic security chores like turning on your home security, shutting the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
What if you never had to concern yourself with these chores again? When you implement geofencing in Indianapolis, you can just drive off to work and make your home security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Indianapolis For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual border along the sides of your house, which you are able to set up in your smart security app. The technology then utilizes your cell phone to see when you go beyond the border and then puts in motion the tasks you have programmed.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart implements use to interact with each other. The technology assists your home security by centralizing all components onto one, unified network. You can then institute a unique boundary along the perimeter of your house and program particular actions when you move beyond the specified border.
For example, shortly after you exit your premises, you may instruct your security system to lock doors, shut the garage door, and arm your alarms. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing could be set to alert your system to disarm alarms, open the garage, brighten first-floor lights, and even change your your home’s comfort levels.
Here are a handful of the technologies you will be able to command with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Various electronics such as speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is one of the many ways to use your home’s security system in Indianapolis. With the ADT Control app, you are able to do a lot with automation. In a few easy touches of a button, and you are able to:
● Enable Scheduling: arrange your smart components to engage at a specific time. Direct various lights to turn down to tell you that it's time to turn in for the night, or disarm your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make specific equipment come alive when another element is triggered. Direct your thermostat to activate the exhaust fan if a smoke detector trips. Or illuminate your hall’s smart light when your doorbell camera senses strange movements in the yard.
● Preprogram scenes: Make scenes featuring various devices that all act in harmony together. Make your lights lower, the thermostat go down, and the smart locks bolt when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for movie night with preset light and temperature adjustments.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to enable the security system as you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing capability and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and lower the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Indianapolis
Whether you desire additional reassurance of a completely secure residence whenever you leave or you wish to explore your home automation options, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with a skilled member of our team today at (317) 268-5461 or submit the form on this page to get started on your perfect security system.